[Arabidopsis] Poster Deadline- May 9th- Arabidopsis Conference

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Thu May 5 13:25:23 EST 2011

Don't forget- deadline to submit your poster abstract to the upcoming
Arabidopsis conference is MONDAY MAY 9TH. Please be sure to register first.

News Items:
1) Conference T-shirts- Pre-order online for $12 or $15 onsite. The design
will be posted on the conference website shortly. It's a good one! We've
added 'women's' sizes too. If you already ordered you'll get the chance to
change to a women's style shirt if you prefer.
2) Join the 5K 'Weed Stampede' Fun Run at the Lake- at no cost to you (other
than some Saturday morning sleep.) Bring your running shoes- it will be a
great way to start the morning. Details to follow on the website.
3) Community-organized workshop days and topics are posted. The full program
will follow in the next week.
http://www.union.wisc.edu/arabidopsis/workshops.html
4) Childcare options will be posted online shortly- you can reserve ahead of
time.
5) Banquet will be at the new Union South building. We'll be taking over at
least two floors of the building plus an attached outside deck. If we get
enough people coming to the banquet we'll open the bottom floor which holds
pool tables, 8 bowling lanes and a climbing/bouldering wall that spans three
floors.

Come one, come all! Plenty of inexpensive dorm rooms still available and
also regular hotel rooms.
http://www.union.wisc.edu/arabidopsis