[Arabidopsis] Powdery mildew - seeds

vnunes from igc.gulbenkian.pt via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by vnunes from igc.gulbenkian.pt)
Thu Nov 3 08:27:30 EST 2011

Hello,

Our growth chambers for Arabidopsis have powdery mildew. We will clean
one by one but until that happens we have been spraying with a
fungicide the rosette plants and, until now, they don't present
disease signs after that. However I have some questions that I hope
you can help me:

1 - Do you think is more effective to spray the all room at once?

2 - Do the seeds from the plants inside the contaminated rooms (even
without signs of the disease) be likely to generate contaminated seeds?

3 - Can you please advise me about the cleaning, for instance wich
temperature to heat up the room and for how long? We also have thrips.

Thanks a lot,
Vera Nunes
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
Portugal