[Arabidopsis] mto3 mutants

Ian Furner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ijf from mole.bio.cam.ac.uk)
Sun Nov 6 03:32:24 EST 2011

I have been working on a mutant (hog1) affecting DNA methylation via a mechanism involving S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAM). I thought it might be wise to look for mutants affecting SAM biosynthesis. In the older literature I found a mutant mto3 that codes for a SAM synthase ( Li and Tarczynski (2002) the Plant Journal, 29: 371-380. The Work seems to have been done at Pioneer Hi-Bred International about a decade ago. It appears that Dr Tarzynski has passed on. I was wondering if anyone in the Arabidopsis community has seeds of this line. It is an ethionine resistant point mutant. If so I would be grateful for a sample or any information on possible sources. A second allele (mto3-2) has been described in the literature (Goto et al (2002) Genes Genet. Syst 77, 89-95). I would also be grateful for sample of/information on this mutant.
Ian Furner, Dept of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 3EH, UK. ijf from mole.bio.cam.ac.uk