[Arabidopsis] Faculty positions at Langebio-CINVESTAV, Irapuato, Mexico

Stewart Gillmor via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by sgillmor from langebio.cinvestav.mx)
Thu Oct 6 14:50:46 EST 2011

Dear Arabidopsis researchers,

I'd like to call your attention to a faculty search we are currently runnin=
g at Langebio, a genomics institute that is part of the CINVESTAV research =
institute system in Guanajuato, Mexico.
The position(s) are open at all levels (assistant-full professor), and in a=
ll disciplines.  We have people working on a wide range of topics, includin=
g genomics, systems biology, and evolutionary biology.
Plant biologists at Langebio are: Luis Herrera-Estrella (director), Jean-Ph=
ilippe Vielle-Calzada, Richard Jorgensen, Stefan de Folter, Ruairidh Sawers=
, Ang=E9lica Cibri=E1n-Jaramillo, and Stewart Gillmor.

Our website is: http://www.langebio.cinvestav.mx   I am posting below the t=
ext of the job ad that appeared in Science and Nature.

Feel free to email me with any questions regarding the positions, the insti=
tute, Guanajuato, etc.

best wishes

Stewart Gillmor
Profesor Investigador 2C
Langebio-CINVESTAV IPN
Km 9.6 Libramiento Norte Carretera Irapuato-Le=F3n
Irapuato, Guanajuato 36821
MEXICO

sgillmor from langebio.cinvestav.mx

Faculty Positions

The National Laboratory of Genomics for Biodiversity of Mexico (Langebio) i=
s a Unit of the =93Centro de Investigaci=F3n y de Estudios Avanzados=94 (CI=
NVESTAV), a Federal Government Institution devoted to basic and applied res=
earch. Langebio=92s mandate is to conduct top-ranked research and graduate =
education, while promoting genomic knowledge for the protection and sustain=
able use of Mexican biodiversity (www.langebio.cinvestav.mx).=20

Research at Langebio is conducted by an international team of scientists, w=
ith an emphasis on collaboration and multidisciplinary studies. We are  rec=
ruiting group leaders at all career stages, working in experimental and the=
oretical biology. Scientists at Langebio have access to state of the art co=
mputational and wet lab facilities, and are expected to build or bring a wo=
rld-class research group. Applications from women are encouraged.

Applicants should send a CV, PDFs of their 3 most important publications, a=
nd a three page description of their scientific accomplishments and propose=
d research program. Junior applicants should arrange for three reference le=
tters to be sent separately. Review of applications will begin November 15t=
h, 2011. Send applications to the attention of Dr. Luis Herrera-Estrella, L=
angebio-CINVESTAV, Irapuato, Guanajuato, MEXICO, E-mail: mbernal from langebio.c=
investav.mx

--=20
believed to be clean.