[Arabidopsis] Post-doctoral Research Associate Position at Michigan State University

Kyung-Hwan Han via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by hanky from msu.edu)
Tue Oct 11 13:37:07 EST 2011

A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Kyung-Hwan Han in the Department of Horticulture at Michigan State University (MSU). The research in our lab focuses on (1) understanding of the molecular mechanisms of secondary growth / secondary wall biosynthesis (Ko et al. 2004, Plant Physiology 135: 1069-1083; Ko et al., 2007, Plant J 50: 1035-1048; Ko et al., 2009, Plant J 60: 649-665) and (2) development of drought-tolerant crops through our patented XERICO technology (US patent no. 7,977,535; Ko et al., 2006, Plant J 169: 469-478). We are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral research associate to work on either of the two research focus areas (secondary wall biosynthesis or drought tolerance). Successful candidate should have an extensive experience in plant molecular biology and biotechnology techniques. The Han Laboratory is well equipped to carry out the research. In addition, MSU offers a highly stimulating research atmosphere with a vibrant plant science community and provides state-of-the-art, well-run core facilities in genomic, proteomic, protein analytical, bioinformatics and imaging technologies.

Please send letter of interest, CV and names of three references to Kyung-Hwan Han at hanky from msu.edu.

Kyung-Hwan Han, Ph.D
Professor
Department of Horticulture (http://www.hrt.msu.edu),
Department of Forestry (http://www.for.msu.edu),
Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (http://www.greatlakesbioenergy.org/),
Genetics Graduate Program http://www.ns.msu.edu/genetics/),
Plant Breeding and Genetics Graduate Program (http://www.hrt.msu.edu/pbgp/)
126 Natural Resources
Michigan State University (http//www.msu.edu)
East Lansing, MI 48824-1222, USA
Office 517-353-4751
Laboratory Web Site http://www.for.msu.edu/biotech/index.html

and

Department of Bioenergy Science and Technology (http://bioenergy.chonnam.ac.kr/)
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Chonnam National University
Yongbong-Dong, Buk-Gu
Gwangju, 500-757
Korea