[Arabidopsis] Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Biology: University of Washington- Seattle

Keiko Torii via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ktorii from u.washington.edu)
Fri Sep 23 16:24:29 EST 2011

As part of a long-term hiring plan, the Department of Biology is =
conducting a search for outstanding scientists in all areas of biology. =
To fill multiple positions in the coming year, we encourage applications =
from candidates working in the broad areas of cell biology, organismal =
physiology, or interdisciplinary ecology. We are particularly interested =
in candidates appreciative of the breadth of research encompassed within =
the Department of Biology and whose work actually or potentially =
integrates perspectives from multiple disciplines. Some of many examples =
include:

=95 theoretical or empirical approaches to mapping genotypes to =
phenotypes

=95 systems or engineering approaches to cell biology

=95 ecological or evolutionary approaches to developmental biology, =
physiology, or both

=95 novel approaches to understanding interactions within or between =
organisms, or between organisms and their environment

As a Department, we are looking for individuals with a record of =
outstanding achievement or strong indications of outstanding future =
potential, rather than specific research topics or study organisms. =
Tenure-track appointments at the Assistant Professor rank are =
anticipated. Priority will be given to applications received by 15 =
October 2011 at http://www.biology.washington.edu/faculty/search/. =
Applicants must have earned a doctorate by the date of appointment. All =
University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and =
service. UW is an affirmative action, family-friendly, equal opportunity =
employer. We have a culturally diverse faculty and staff and strongly =
encourage applications from women, minorities, individuals with =
disabilities and covered veterans (see also: =
http://www.engr.washington.edu/advance/about_advance.html )

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Keiko U. Torii, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Biology

Howard Hughes Medical Institute              =09
Department of Biology           =09
University of Washington       =20
Box. 351800
Seattle, WA 98195-1800

Office phone:(206)221-5701
Lab phone: (206)221-5756
http://faculty.washington.edu/ktorii
http://www.biology.washington.edu/users/keiko-torii

Visit Seattle Area Model Plant Labs (SAMPL)!
http://protist.biology.washington.edu/sampl/

Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine (ISCRM)
http://depts.washington.edu/iscrm/