[Arabidopsis] Post doc position in plant developmental biology, Uppsala University

Annelie Carlsbecker via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by annelie.carlsbecker from ebc.uu.se)
Mon Aug 13 06:40:55 EST 2012

A post doc position in plant developmental biology is available at =
Uppsala university, Sweden

A post doc position is available at the Department of Organismal =
Biology, Physiological Botany.
Application no later than 2012-08-27. UFV-PA 2012/1940

The sub-department Physiological Botany is located at Uppsala BioCenter =
and is part of the Linnean
Center for Plant Biology (www.lcpu.se). The position is for 2 years.

Starting date: As soon as possible or upon agreement.

We seek a highly motivated individual to join us in our strive to =
elucidate the molecular mechanisms
governing root vascular patterning and growth in Arabidopsis.

Work tasks: You will be joining our group at a very exciting time when =
we see many openings in
our on-going projects. In a collaborative effort we have recently =
identified an intricate cell-to-cell
signalling involving the movement of a microRNA between cells. We have =
shown that this
determines cell fate through the control of mRNA levels of class III =
HD-ZIP transcription factors
(Carlsbecker et al, Nature, 2010). We are now exploring the up-and =
downstream regulatory pathways
and you will take part in both on-going projects and initiate a genetic =
screen for novel pathway
components.
Qualifications: To be eligible for the position, the applicant must have =
a PhD degree or equivalent,
in plant molecular biology, plant physiology, developmental biology or =
related fields. The applicants
PhD degree must have been obtained no more than three years prior to the =
application date. The PhD
can be older than three years if there are special circumstances. Such =
special circumstances can be
periods of sick leave, parental leave etc, which are deducted from the =
three-year period.
Applicants must be highly motivated and have demonstrable ability to =
produce work of excellent
quality and international impact. Applicants must have good =
communication skills in English and be
able to write clearly and succinctly. The applicant must have good and =
proven knowledge in genetics
and molecular biology. It is desirable that the applicant has been =
working with Arabidopsis. Large
emphasis is put on the applicant=92s personal abilities, including =
ability to collaborate and take own
initiatives.
Salary is according to competence.
How to apply: The application should contain your CV, publication list, =
PhD diploma, copy of the
PhD thesis, a short description (2-4 pages) of previous research, =
current research interests and other
activities of relevance for the position, along with telephone numbers =
and e-mail addresses of at least
two reference persons. All application documents should be written in =
English.