[Arabidopsis] GV3101 growth problem

Smith Chiang via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by chiangscn from gmail.com)
Tue Dec 4 01:58:16 EST 2012

Hello colleagues,

I recently have a problem with GV3101 in our lab, that is, it can grow
normally from -80C glycerol stock on YEB(containing 34ug/ml Rif and 25
ug/ml Gem) within 48h at 28C. But it does not grow in liquid YEB
(containing 34ug/ml Rif and 25 ug/ml Gem) or with half strength of the
Rif (17 ug/ml) and Gem(12.5 ug/ml), even after one day shaking at 28C,
200rpm.  I have never had this problem before. I need to do so to make
competent cells for plant transformation. Does anyone meet such
problem before?

thanks for your reply.

Smith