[Arabidopsis] Conference Funding, Vienna- July, 2012

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Wed Feb 29 16:37:40 EST 2012

I'd like to bring your attention to 2 conference funding opportunities for
US scientists to attend Arabidopsis 2012- Vienna (http://www.icar2012.org/)
The North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) applied for
funding from the US National Science Foundation for:
(1) under-represented minorities, or faculty at minority-serving
institutions/HBCUs (full funding)
(2) early-career scientist travel grants ($1,000)

Application deadline: March 31, 2012.

I would appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to colleagues that
may be eligible and interested in attending the International Conference on
Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) in Vienna, Austria (July 3-7.) NAASC has applied
for full funding for up to 7 scientists as described, and up to 11 early
career scientists (link below.)

http://arabidopsis.org/portals/masc/funding.jsp

Notes:
(1) US scientists only are eligible.
(2) minority funding: some citizenship requirements must be met, with
exceptions for faculty at MSIs/HBCUs; maximum time a person can receive this
award = twice.
(3) awards are as reimbursements.
(4) early career travel awards: only US citizens and permanent residents are
eligible.

With best regards,
Joanna

--