[Arabidopsis] Genomics-Assisted Breeding in PAG meeting on Jan 17, 2012 at 10.20 am- 12.30 pm

Varshney, Rajeev (ICRISAT-IN) via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by R.K.Varshney from CGIAR.ORG)
Wed Jan 11 12:19:12 EST 2012

Dear All,

A very Happy New Year!
I believe that many of you will be attending the Plant and Animal Genome Conference (Jan 14-18, 2012) in San Diego (USA). Like earlier years, we are organizing "Genomics-Assisted Breeding" workshop. We have an excellent panel of eminent scientists for speaking in this workshop (pl see schedule below). I would like to invite you to attend the workshop and therefore request you to please mark your calendar.
Looking forward to see your participation in the workshop in San Diego.
Many thanks and kind regards
Kind regards
Rajeev

++++++++++

Genomics-Assisted Breeding Workshop
Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Time: 10:20 AM-12:30 PM
Room: Town and Country

10:20 AM        Welcome & Introduction - Rajeev Kumar Varshney
10:25 AM         From seed to lab to farm: the story of Submergence tolerant rice
Pamela Ronald, University of California - Davis
10:45 AM         High throughput marker development from the repetitive fraction of the wheat genome
Etienne Paux, INRA GDEC

11:05 AM         Natural Genetic Variation at Tan1 Defines Tannin in Sorghum Grain and Offers Seedling Cold Tolerance
Jianming Yu, Kansas State University

11:25 AM         Whole genome association mapping in barley: constraints and opportunities
Andreas Graner, Leibniz- Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK)

11:45 AM        Some methodological developments in genomic selection
Jean-Luc Jannink, USDA-ARS

12:05 PM         Applications of Genome Sequencing for Peanut Improvement
Lutz Froenicke, UC Davis Genome Center

12:25 PM         Summary & Wrap-up - Rajeev Kumar Varshney

Rajeev K. Varshney, PhD, FNAAS
Director
Centre of Excellence in Genomics, ICRISAT;
Adjunct Professor (Plant Biology), University of Western Australia; &
Theme Leader, CGIAR Generation Challenge Program

Mailing Address:
Centre of Excellence in Genomics (CEG), Building # 300
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
Patancheru - 502 324, Greater Hyderabad, INDIA

Tel: 0091 40 30713305; Fax: 0091 40 3071 3074/ 3075