[Arabidopsis] Group Leader positions at John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK

dee rawsthorne (TOC) via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by dee.rawsthorne from nbi.ac.uk)
Fri Jan 20 10:44:33 EST 2012

John Innes Centre, Norwich

Group Leader Positions

The John Innes Centre is an independent, international centre of excellence in plant science and microbiology (full details on http://www.jic.ac.uk). Our mission is to carry out fundamental research that underpins strategic advances for societal benefit. The scientific research at the Centre makes use of a wide range of disciplines in the biological and chemical sciences, including cell biology, computational andmathematical biology, biochemistry, chemistry, genetics and molecular biology.

We are seeking to recruit at least two new Group Leaders who will run internationally excellent and innovative research programmes focused on plant or microbial systems. We are especially interested in the areas of plant response to the environment, plant cell biology or plant growth and development. One of the appointments will be as part of the Earth and Life Systems Alliance (www.elsa.ac.uk<http://www.elsa.ac.uk>), a collaborative project with the University of East Anglia. For this we are interested in plant biologists linking mechanistic with evolutionary and ecological understanding.

Appointments can be made at any level dependent on the candidate's experience with a tenure-track system for junior faculty. Research support and excellent laboratory facilities are available.

Application forms and further information can be obtained from http://jobs.jic.ac.uk or Human Resources, The Operations Centre, Norwich Bioscience Institutes, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK, 01603 450462 quoting reference 1002169. Please apply on-line by March 20th 2012 via the JIC web-site including CV, names of three academic referees, statements of current and future research plans.

The John Innes Centre is grant-aided by the Biotechnology and Biological Science Research Council and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.