[Arabidopsis] Invitation for Next Generation Plant Science Symposium 2012, Cologne, Germany

Przemyslaw Bidzinski via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by przemyslaw.bidzinski from gmail.com)
Tue Jun 26 03:53:48 EST 2012

Dear All,

I would like to bring to your attention a Symposium organized by the
Postdoc Initiative at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
in Cologne, Germany.

In this ‘Next Generation Plant Science’ symposium we are aiming to
bridge the gap between established high throughput techniques and
novel, innovative approaches that have the potential to influence
effectively the next generation of plant science. We want to bring
together top level scientists and engineers from different disciplines
in plant science and beyond with the most innovative companies in
order to shed light on the future of plant science.

Sessions include:
- High throughput sequencing technologies – Innovative applications
and upcoming trends
- High throughput phenotyping - Understanding the plant in a non-invasive way
- The plant in a computer - How modelling and image processing can
revolutionize plant biology
- What can we dream of in the future - Emerging technologies in plant science
- Illuminating Life – Upcoming imaging techniques
- Future Farming – New concepts and technologies for a sustainable agriculture

Besides, the symposium will bring together regional experts of the
field and will be a great opportunity for establishment of
collaborations.

For more information and registration visit: http://ngps.mpipz.de/

Przemyslaw Bidzinski, on behalf of organizers