[Arabidopsis] PBI 100 symposium 20th June 2012

dee rawsthorne (NBI) via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by dee.rawsthorne from nbi.ac.uk)
Tue Mar 13 12:49:07 EST 2012

Dear Colleague

The Plant Breeding Institute, Cambridge would have been celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2012. The ground-breaking science, plant breeding technology and a host of new arable crop varieties that came out of PBI formed the back-bone of UK crop research for decades.  Many of the former staff are still very much taking an active and vital role in underpinning the plant breeding and plant science in the UK and international scientific community today.  To mark the event, we are holding a one day conference with talks, demonstration plots and a historical exhibition at the John Innes Centre, Norwich on Wednesday 20th June, 2012.

The confirmed programme can be viewed at www.jic.ac.uk/events.pbi<http://www.jic.ac.uk/events.pbi> and includes a distinguished list of speakers, all of whom were connected with the PBI and its successor organizations. We are honoured that all our first choice speakers accepted unreservedly, and that Lord Selborne has agreed to speak to mark the occasion. We would like as many people as possible to attend to celebrate and acknowledge PBI's tremendous contribution to science internationally and to the UK economy.

The Gatsby Charitable Foundation has very kindly awarded a grant to enable UK students to attend the meeting for free.  Details of how to register for the meeting can be found at: www.jic.ac.uk/events/pbi<http://www.jic.ac.uk/events/pbi>

We look forward to welcoming you to the event next year

Best wishes

Dawn

Dawn Barrett FInstAM(Dip), Communications Officer
The Operations Centre
Norwich Bioscience Institutes

Tel: +44 (0) 1603 255 328 Fax: +44 (0) 1603 255 168
e-mail: dawn.barrett from nbi.ac.uk<mailto:dawn.barrett from bbsrc.ac.uk>
www.ifr.ac.uk<http://www.ifr.ac.uk/> www.jic.ac.uk<http://www.jic.ac.uk/> www.tsl.ac.uk<http://www.tsl.ac.uk/> www.tgac.bbsrc.ac.uk<http://www.tgac.bbsrc.ac.uk>
email disclaimer: www.ifr.ac.uk/edisclaimer<http://www.ifr.ac.uk/edisclaimer>