[Arabidopsis] Conference Funding, Vienna 2012 for U.S. Scientists

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Tue Mar 13 14:29:48 EST 2012

I'd like to bring your attention to 2 conference funding opportunities for
US scientists to attend Arabidopsis 2012- Vienna. The North American
Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) applied for funding from the US
National Science Foundation for:

(1) under-represented minorities, or faculty at minority-serving
institutions/HBCUs (full funding)
(2) early-career scientist travel grants ($1,000)
Application deadline: March 31, 2012.

I would appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to colleagues that
may be eligible and interested in attending the International Conference on
Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) in Vienna, Austria (July 3-7.) NAASC has applied
for full funding for up to 7 scientists as described, and up to 11 early
career scientists (link below.)

It is our intent to broaden participation in the Arabidopsis conference and
so we welcome new members.
(1) US scientists only are eligible.
(2) minority funding: some citizenship requirements must be met, with
exceptions for faculty at MSIs/HBCUs; maximum time a person can receive this
award = twice.
(3) awards are as reimbursements.
(4) early career travel awards for early career US scientists: only US
citizens and permanent residents are eligible.

With best regards,

Joanna Friesner Ph.D.
NAASC Coordinator