[Arabidopsis] Conference Funding, Vienna 2012 for U.S. Scientists

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Tue Mar 13 14:29:48 EST 2012

I'd like to bring your attention to 2 conference funding opportunities for
US scientists to attend Arabidopsis 2012- Vienna. The North American
Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) applied for funding from the US
National Science Foundation for:

(1) under-represented minorities, or faculty at minority-serving
institutions/HBCUs (full funding)
(2) early-career scientist travel grants ($1,000)
Application deadline: March 31, 2012.

I would appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to colleagues that
may be eligible and interested in attending the International Conference on
Arabidopsis Research (ICAR) in Vienna, Austria (July 3-7.) NAASC has applied
for full funding for up to 7 scientists as described, and up to 11 early
career scientists (link below.)

http://arabidopsis.org/portals/masc/funding.jsp

It is our intent to broaden participation in the Arabidopsis conference and
so we welcome new members.
Notes:
(1) US scientists only are eligible.
(2) minority funding: some citizenship requirements must be met, with
exceptions for faculty at MSIs/HBCUs; maximum time a person can receive this
award = twice.
(3) awards are as reimbursements.
(4) early career travel awards for early career US scientists: only US
citizens and permanent residents are eligible.

With best regards,
Joanna

--
Joanna Friesner Ph.D.