[Arabidopsis] mutant seed germination question

Bernd Weisshaar via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by bernd.weisshaar from uni-bielefeld.de)
Thu Mar 22 13:24:04 EST 2012

Dear All,

you may have a look here:
http://www.gabi-kat.de/methods/ga4-7-in-case-of-low-germination-rate.html

This methods page describes what we do if we observe (very) low germination rates in lines that we need/want to bring into the next generation.

Best regards, Bernd

On 21.03.2012, at 23:07, PEETAMBAR DAHAL wrote:

> This germination issue was discussed in 2009 as well.  I am copying the suggestions below.
>
> Thank you
>

> Peetambar Dahal
>

> 3.  Jerry D. Cohen
>
> 	 More options May 7 2009, 1:51 pm
> Yes, of course, I should have said 'my colleagues who wish to germinate
> seeds in darkness' use GA4.  Light + GA is better.  I will add that GA4
> is also preferred over the 4+7 mixture, but either is choice is better
> than GA3.
> Thanks for the chance for clarification, Jerry

> --
> Dr. Jerry D. Cohen, Professor, Bailey Endowed Chair
> University of Minnesota
> Department of Horticultural Science
> and Microbial and Plant Genomics Institute
> 1970 Folwell Ave., 305 Alderman Hall
> Saint Paul, MN 55108
> Phone 612.624.9212; FAX 612.624.4941
> Lab phone 612.624.1218
> Email cohen... from tc.umn.edu
> Web:
> http://horticulture.cfans.umn.edu/Jerry_Cohen.html

Bielefeld University, Department of Biology
Prof. Dr. Bernd Weisshaar
Chair of Genome Research / Lehrstuhl fuer Genomforschung
Universitaetsstrasse 25
33615 Bielefeld
Germany

Office: G0-102
Tel.: +49-521-106-8721
Fax: +49-521-106-6423
genomforschung from uni-bielefeld.de (Secretary)
website: http://www.genomforschung.uni-bielefeld.de/