[Arabidopsis] postdoc wanted- plants+light

Folta, Kevin M. via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kfolta from ufl.edu)
Fri Nov 23 13:10:05 EST 2012

*** Postdoctoral Opportunity ****

Photomorphogenesis as Applied to High-Value Horticultural Crops

We have support for an innovative project that requires the talents of a postdoctoral researcher.

We are examining how light can control high-value characteristics of various horticultural crops.  Experiments are fast and the results are meaningful to industry. The experiments exploit our unique LED system, providing a niche for rapid publication.  All experiments are well underway, so you will be integrating with an established program, not starting from the beginning.

A candidate MUST possess some background in photomorphogenesis or other aspect of light-mediated plant responses.  The ideal candidate will also possess skills in plant physiology and molecular biology. Background in metabolomics or genomics a plus.  Experience with HPLC or GC/MS is also a plus.

The appointment is for one year starting asap and may be extended based on results.

Please send a CV and cover letter asap.  I will start interviewing immediately by skype as qualified applications are received.

Thanks,

Kevin Folta

kfolta from ufl.edu

Kevin M. Folta Ph.D., Associate Professor, Horticultural Sciences Department
Graduate Advisor, Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology
1301 Fifield Hall, Gainesville, FL 32611

352-273-4812 (office)           352-272-4813 (laboratory)
www.arabidopsisthaliana.com<http://www.arabidopsisthaliana.com/>         www.kevinfolta.com<http://www.kevinfolta.com/>

Don't tell me that it can't be done. Tell me how you are going to help me do it.