PowerPoint and PDF slides available, Re: [Arabidopsis] LFY ChIP-Seq data set in Integrated Genome Browser

Loraine, Ann via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Ann.Loraine from uncc.edu)
Mon Sep 3 13:26:06 EST 2012

Hello,

It looks like the image I attached did not go through.

So I've posted a PowerPoint and PDF file with slides showing LFY binding
sites near the genes mentioned in the iPlant tutorial - AGAMOUS, APETALAl,
LMI3, etc.

See: http://igbquickload.org/quickload/A_thaliana_Jun_2009/LFYChIPSeq

If you are planning to teach a lecture on ChIP-Seq or if you just want to
see what the data look like following processing, these may be useful to
you.

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know or post to
this list.

Main "take-home" messages (which may seem fairly obvious) are that the LFY
IP samples have higher coverage (more reads) than the control and also
that high-confidence binding sites sometimes occur within large introns in
the target genes. This has of course been known for some time but it's
neat to "see" it in a visualization tool.

Lastly, if there are ChIP-Seq data sets you would like to have access to,
please let me know. Thanks to the resources at iPlant and to open source
analysis tools, it is now fairly straightforward to make these data sets
available. And hopefully we can make the processing pipelines more
accessible through simple, easy-to-follow protocols so that if you are
using ChIP-Seq techniques in your lab, the bioinformatics data analysis
will be less of a bottleneck.

Very best wishes,

Ann

-------------------------------
Ann Loraine, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Bioinformatics and Genomics
North Carolina Research Campus
600 Laureate Way
Kannapolis, NC 28081
704-250-5750