[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position, UV-B Perception and Signalling, University of Geneva, Switzerland

Roman Ulm via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Roman.Ulm from unige.ch)
Thu Sep 6 04:34:57 EST 2012

Postdoctoral position available, UV-B Perception and Signalling, University
of Geneva, Switzerland

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to study mechanisms of
UV-B perception and signalling in the laboratory of Roman Ulm at the
University of Geneva, Switzerland. Our group has a strong interest in early
UV-B photoreceptor-mediated events regulating UV-B-induced
photomorphogenesis and acclimation in plants (for more information on our
group please see www.unige.ch/sciences/biologie/bioveg/ulm/ and three
selected publications listed below). We explore state-of-the-art methods in
molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry and cell biology to
identify the molecular identities and functions of key factors involved in
this process. This project will focus on biochemical analysis of the UV-B
photoreceptor UVR8 and its early signalling mechanism.

We are looking for talented new team members. The successful candidate is
highly motivated, has a strong interest in photobiology and demonstrated
expertise in biochemistry (publication record).

Please send a motivation letter, your CV, and contact details of 2-3
references by e-mail to Roman Ulm ( <mailto:roman.ulm from unige.ch>
roman.ulm from unige.ch)

Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.

Three Selected Publications:

Rizzini et al. (2011) Perception of UV-B by the Arabidopsis UVR8 protein.
Science 332: 103-106.

Gruber et al. (2010) Negative feedback regulation of UV-B-induced
photomorphogenesis and stress acclimation in Arabidopsis. Proc. Natl. Acad.
Sci. USA 107: 20132-20137.

Favory et al. (2009) Interaction of COP1 and UVR8 regulates UV-B-induced
photomorphogenesis and stress acclimation in Arabidopsis. EMBO J. 28:
591-601.

Roman Ulm

Department of Botany and Plant Biology

University of Geneva

Sciences III

30 Quai E. Ansermet

1211 Geneva 4

Switzerland

Tel.: +41-22-3793650

Fax.: +41-22-3793654

e-mail:  <mailto:roman.ulm from unige.ch> roman.ulm from unige.ch