[Arabidopsis] Premature flowering of seedlings.

Anirban Baral via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by anirbanb from ncbs.res.in)
Thu Apr 25 22:37:33 EST 2013

Dear Members,

We recently got a local made  Arabidopsis growth chamber. I observed that
even Wt Col plants are flowering prematurely in this chamber. Plants start
to bolt at six leaves stage and produce very short bolts with few siliques
which sometimes does not contain any  seeds. Obviously, plants are
flowering prematurely in response to some kind of stress. They are grown
in vermiculite supplemented with MS salts (Temp 23.C,RH 50-60%, White Fl
lamps: 10K Lux). Can any member give opinion what is the most likely
reason and suggest a solution?
It will be great help.

Best regards,

Anirban.