[Arabidopsis] Genomics-Assisted Breeding workshop, PAG Conference, San Diego, USA

Varshney, Rajeev (ICRISAT-IN) via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by R.K.Varshney from CGIAR.ORG)
Thu Jan 10 12:15:18 EST 2013

Dear all

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

I am writing this mail to share with you that like earlier years, we will be having "Genomics-Assisted Breeding" workshop in Town & Country Room on January 15, 2013 (Tuesday) during 10.20 am- 12.30 pm in Town & Country Hotel during Plant and Animal Genome (PAG XXI) conference. We have got a panel of eminent scientists and excellent speakers who will discuss the examples and prospects of application of modern genomics approaches in crop improvement of several leading crops. The programme of the workshop is available at  http://pag13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/sessions/sessiondetails.cfm?ScheduledSessionID=1CA1&CFID=86989612&CFTOKEN=54a7f80cf560036e-681B72E1-A265-FBDE-312D62D4D6184A8E and paste below.

We look forward to seeing your participation in this workshop. So please mark your calendar to participate in this workshop.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Rajeev

++++++++++++
Genomics-Assisted Breeding Workshop
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Town and Country Room

10:20 AM - 10:25 AM Introduction
Rajeev K Varshney, ICRISAT

10:25 AM - 10:45 AM Identification and Validation of SNPs Associated with a Maize Yield Component Trait via GWAS
Patrick S. Schnable, Iowa State University

10:45 AM - 11:05 AM Flowering Time Regulation and Crop Improvement
Christian Jung, Christian Albrechts University of Kiel

11:05 AM - 11:25 AM Molecular Breeding Of Root System Architectures For Improving Drought Resistance In Rice
Yusaku Uga, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences

11:25 AM - 11:45 AM Genomic Selection In Wheat Breeding Using Genotyping-By-Sequencing
Jesse Poland, Kansas State University

11:45 AM - 12:05 PM Linking Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) and Plant Breeding
Susan McCouch, Cornell University

12:05 PM - 12:25 PM  Applying High Density Markers To Crop Improvement: Initial Experiences From The CIMMYT Maize Program
Gary Atlin Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

12:25 PM - 12:30 PM Summary & Wrap up
Rajeev K Varshney, ICRISAT