[Arabidopsis] Collecting Arabidopsis Transcription Factor Specificities

Francois Parcy via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by parcy from cmmt.ubc.ca)
Mon Jan 28 13:01:14 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

JASPAR (http://jaspar.genereg.net/) is the open access reference database for transcription factor (TF) DNA binding profiles. It's used in major projects such as ENCODE or FANTOM or tools such as the MEME suite. Plants are underrepresented in the current Jaspar version and I am currently collecting information to include as many Arabidopsis TF as possible in the next Jaspar release. This effort will be useful for the Arabidopsis community as many tools using Jaspar will become available for Arabidopsis in the future if the database is populated with Arabidopsis TF.

The TF specificity can be derived from ChIP-chip, ChIP-Seq, Selex/BSSA, Protein binding microarray.

I have collected from the literature but I might have missed some factors. If you have generated such data in the past, or if such data exists for TF you're working on, it would be very helpful if you could send me a short mail indicating the TF name and the reference. You can also share unpublished ChIP or Selex data if you wish to.

thanks a lot for your contribution !

Dr. François PARCY, CNRS (France)
Visiting scientist at CMMT, Vancouver
Lab. of Pr. W.W. Wasserman