[Arabidopsis] postdoc in cellulose synthesis

Tobias Baskin via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by baskin from bio.umass.edu)
Fri Jul 19 11:00:35 EST 2013

Colleagues,
	Please bring this opportunity to the attention of anyone
interested. Thanks. Tobias

A postdoctoral position is available to study the biophysics of
cellulose synthesis. The project aims to apply high resolution and
single-molecule sensitive imaging techniques to characterize the
motility of the cellulose synthase. As material we will use intact
plants (established lines and new ones to be developed) and we are
particularly interested in using in vitro preparations to achieve
greater opportunities for experimental manipulation. The position
requires a Ph.D. in a relevant area of biology or biophysics and
preference will be given to candidates having experience with
purifying active protein complexes. The position is supported by an
NSF grant to Lori Goldner (Physics) and Tobias Baskin (Biology). The
Goldner lab uses single-molecule-sensitive physical and optical tools
to study the dynamics and interactions of biomolecules and
bio-molecular complexes. The Baskin lab studies the role of cellulose
in growth. The University of Massachusetts is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and we encourage all qualified persons to apply. To apply,
please send your cv to baskin from bio.umass.edu. Check
http://people.umass.edu/ lgoldner/goldner.html and
http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/baskin/ for (somewhat outdated)
information our labs and feel free to contact either of us for more
information.
--
      /  \   /          / \    /   \ \       Tobias I. Baskin