[Arabidopsis] Faculty position at Emory University

Deal, Roger via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by roger.deal from emory.edu)
Fri Oct 25 10:19:28 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I'm writing to alert you to a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position that is currently open in the Department of Biology here at Emory University. The full advertisement can be found at: http://jobs.sciencecareers.org/job/317575/molecular-cell-biologist/

The position is listed as a "Molecular Cell Biologist", but this is a broad-topic search and we are especially interested in adding to our existing strength in epigenetics research and/or increasing the number of labs using plants as a model system for molecular biology at Emory.

We have a very interactive "Chromatin Interest Group" here that includes the the labs of John Lucchesi (dosage compensation), Victor Corces (insulator elements), Bill Kelly (germline epigenetics), Xiaodong Cheng (structural biology of chromatin modifiers), David Katz (histone methylation networks), Jerry Boss (chromatin modes of transcription regulation), Paula Vertino (cancer epigenetics), Peng Jin (DNA hydroxymethylation in neuronal development), and my own (plant cell fate specification). The larger life sciences community here spans more than 10 departments that are intertwined by way of several interdepartmental graduate programs. We have excellent facilities on a beautiful campus, in a great city.

I would really appreciate it if you could forward this e-mail to any outstanding young colleagues who are on the job market this year. If you yourself are in search of a faculty position and study plant molecular/cellular biology or epigenetics, please give us a look and consider applying for this position. Thanks!

With Best Wishes,

Roger Deal

***************************
Roger B. Deal, Ph.D.