[Arabidopsis] Research Professor Position at U Florida

Folta, Kevin M. via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by kfolta from ufl.edu)
Mon Aug 18 11:34:19 EST 2014

Greetings Arabdiopsis Fans,

There is a position opening in my lab.  It is for a non-tenure-track Research Professor position.  The incumbent will serve as a central resource for all research activities underway in the lab, and he/she will be encouraged to drive his/her own research program as desired.  The incumbent will participate in preparation of grants and manuscripts.

We work on a wide range of projects.  Our central interest is using genomics and computational tools to match genes to the biology they control.   The work is primarily done in strawberry, which affords many excellent tools for investigating key processes in the valuable Rosaceae family.  We currently are advancing a project in Arabidopsis that is extremely exciting and has potential to make significant impacts.

Should you apply?

*         A competitive candidate must have a strong classical training in molecular biology, plant physiology and genomics.

*         Desirable additional skills include tissue culture, plant transformation, RNAseq, Arabidopsis transformation,

*         All candidates must be willing to assist graduate students and postdocs and work collaboratively with other faculty here at UF.

*         Strong written and oral communication skills are required.  Samples of written work will be requested.

Limitations:  The salary associated with the position is low compared to that in industry, etc.  However, the security is good and the work environment and scientific freedom are excellent.  You also will be able to supplement funding from grants.

Strengths:  Gainesville is an affordable place to live and a wonderful place to spend a career.  Our lab is a diverse blend of projects and personalities, and much of our work directly impacts the state's agricultural industries.

Please visit Jobs at UF and this posting for more information:  https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/55606

Email me if you have any questions.

kevin

Kevin M. Folta
Professor and Chairman
Horticultural Sciences Department
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32606
352-273-4812

"Don't tell me it can't be done.  Tell me what to do and help me do it."  - Norman Borlaug