[Arabidopsis] NAASC nominations and election

Joanna Friesner via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu)
Fri Aug 29 16:14:00 EST 2014

Colleagues,

Annually, the North American Arabidopsis community elects two new
representatives to serve a 4 year volunteer term in an advisorial role on
the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC).

(1) In order to provide nominations (including self-nominations) you can
email them to me, or you can respond to the Survey Monkey request I sent
last week.

(2) In order to participate in the election, your email address must be
included in my Survey Monkey email list for online voting.
In other words, to VOTE, you cannot do so via the arab-gen list-serve- you
can only do so via online voting at Survey Monkey.

(3) If you did NOT get an email from me via Survey Monkey on Monday August
25th (that had the text below), then you are NOT currently on my email list.

(4) If you DO want to be on the voting list, which is used only for voting,
not for other things, and you can unsubscribe at any time-
Please directly email me your address (send to jdfriesner from ucdavis.edu) with
the subject line 'Add me to NAASC list'.

Survey Monkey text sent last week to all those on my NAASC
nomination/election email list:

"On behalf of the North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee (NAASC) I am
requesting nominations for new members to serve on NAASC for a 4 year term
(fall 2014-fall 2018).

Only Arabidopsis researchers in North America can nominate, vote, and serve.
We will hold the online election via SurveyMonkey in October.

Nomination deadline: Sept. 19.
The election with confirmed nominees will take place approximately Oct.
3-24.

Please consider serving on, or nominating your outstanding, service-oriented
colleagues to, NAASC (self-nominations are acceptable).

The two NAASC members elected this fall will serve a vital organizing role
in the next North American ICAR (2017).

A fuller description of what NAASC is and what it does is included when you
access the nomination survey.

Essentially, NAASC consists of volunteer North American Arabidopsis
community members that serve as advisers and conveners, and provide
representation of the North American Arabidopsis community on issues such as
funding, conferences, resources, and new initiatives such as the Arabidopsis
Information Portal (AIP).

Here is a link to the survey:
( <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=SV3XXKqTNicBMVTu1rm0CA_3d_3d> this
would be a unique link to each individual on the list- if you are on my
list, you would have a URL in this spot)

This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do
not forward this message.

Thanks for your participation!
Sincerely,
Joanna Friesner