[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position in Epigenetics

Rafael Rodriguez Ariza via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ge1roarr from uco.es)
Mon Feb 3 07:56:28 EST 2014

The Epigenetics and DNA Repair Group of the University of Córdoba/IMIBIC is
recruiting potential applicants for a postdoctoral position through a call
by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (BOE 31-12-213),
opening early February 2014. Funding supports 2-year salary for individuals
who have received their Ph.D. within the past 3 years, regardless of
nationality. Details of the call can be found at
(http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2013/12/31/pdfs/BOE-A-2013-13832.pdf).

We are looking for highly motivated individuals with PhD in Molecular
Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or similar areas, with expertise and/or
interest in Epigenetics. Qualified candidates should have the ability to
work independently as well as in a collaborative research environment.
Research work will involve studies in DNA methylation and demethylation,
chromatin modifications and gene expression. Candidates should have no less
than 4 publications with at least 2 of them as first author. Interested
persons should contact as soon as possible with María Teresa Roldán Arjona
(ge2roarm from uco.es).

Details about our research group can be found at
http://www.uco.es/investiga/grupos/epirep/en/

Some of our recent publications are:

- Martínez-Macías, M. I., et al. (2012). Mol Cell 45(3): 357-370.
- Ponferrada-Marín, M. I., et al. (2012). Nucleic Acids Res 40(22):
11554-11562.
- Martinez-Macías, M. I., et al. (2013). J Biol Chem 288(8): 5496-5505.
- Parrilla-Doblas, J. T., et al. (2013). Nucleic Acids Res 41(18):
8654-8664.