[Arabidopsis] Bioinformatic Methods II course on Coursera

Nicholas Provart via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca)
Thu Feb 27 16:51:09 EST 2014

Hi everyone,

The second part of our online "Bioinformatic Methods" lab course will start
next week on March 3rd on Coursera.org. Topics covered include (tools and
DBs in brackets):

1. Pattern analysis in proteins (CDD, SMART, Pfam, InterProScan)
2. Protein-protein interactions (BioGrid, Cytoscape)
3. Protein structure (PDB, PyMOL)
4. Gene Expression Analysis I: RNA-seq data (SRA, R/Bioconductor)
5. Gene Expression Analysis II: Online databases
6. Cis-element Prediction and Analysis (MEME, Promomer, Athena)

The last 3 labs have an Arabidopsis focus, so might be of interest to
subscribers of this forum. See
https://www.coursera.org/course/bioinfomethods2 to sign up for free.

Best,

Nick
Nicholas Provart, PhD
Associate Professor, Plant Cyberinfrastructure & Systems Biology
Chair, Bioinformatics SC, Multinational Arabidopsis Steering Committee
Member, North American Arabidopsis Steering Committee and IAIC
Member, Centre for the Analysis of Genome Evolution and Function

*Currently on sabbatical in the Brady Lab at UC Davis*

Phone. +1-530-754-9652 Skype. nicholas.provart, Fax. +1-425-675-7036
URL. http://www.csb.utoronto.ca/faculty/provart-nicholas
The Bio-Analytic Resource. http://www.BAR.utoronto.ca
email. nicholas.provart from utoronto.ca