[Arabidopsis] Measuring Anthocyanin content in Arabidopsis

Jerry Cohen via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cohen047 from umn.edu)
Fri Feb 28 16:38:26 EST 2014

Nikhil, the equation is simply Beers Law, but the extinction will depend on
the Anthocyanin that is the major one in your sample.  At A520 it typically
is about 20,000-25,000 (.LEE ET AL.: JOURNAL OF AOAC INTERNATIONAL(2005)
VOL. 88:1269).   The Lee paper also describes using a pH differential to
measure, which gets around some of the interference issues.  They have a
section on how to calculate using that procedure.  Hope this is helpful,
Jerry Cohen