[Arabidopsis] laser microdissection of GFP labeled tissues

Stacey, Gary via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by staceyg from missouri.edu)
Mon Mar 31 19:35:14 EST 2014

Colleagues,

We want to do an experiment where we use localized GFP expression as a marker to allow us to identify regions of plant roots to harvest by laser microdissection. However, all of the fixation procedures we try that are compatible with laser microdissection bleach the GFP so it cannot be seen.

Does anyone know of a procedure where the tissue can be fixed for laser microdissection that would retain GFP fluorescence and also RNA integrity?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Gary Stacey, Ph.D.
Assoc. Director, National Center for Soybean Biotechnology
Divisions of Plant Sciences and Biochemistry
271E Christopher S. Bond Life Sciences Center
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO  65211
Office phone: 573-884-4752
Lab Phone: 573-884-4799
FAX: 573-884-9395
email: staceyg from missouri.edu<mailto:staceyg from missouri.edu>
LAB WEBSITE: http://www.staceylab.missouri.edu/
NCSB site: http://www.soybiotechcenter.org<http://www.soybiotechcenter.org/>
NSF/DOE Project site: http://www.soyroothair.org