[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position, UV-B Perception and Signalling, Ulm Lab, University of Geneva, Switzerland

Roman Ulm via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by Roman.Ulm from unige.ch)
Wed Nov 26 09:36:01 EST 2014

Postdoctoral position available
UV-B Perception and Signalling
University of Geneva, Switzerland

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position to study mechanisms of UV-B perception and signalling, and in particular the molecular interactions with visible light signalling. Our group has a strong interest in early UV-B photoreceptor-mediated events regulating UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and acclimation in plants (for more information on our group please see http://biveg.unige.ch/labs/ulm and selected recent publications listed below).

We are looking for talented, promising new team members. The successful candidate is highly motivated, has a strong interest in photobiology and demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, biochemistry and/or cell biology (first author paper). Previous experience with molecular techniques is essential, experience with protein complex isolation a plus.

Please send a single PDF file, including curriculum vitae, copies of most recent diplomas, motivation letter and contact details of 2-3 references by e-mail to
Roman Ulm (roman.ulm from unige.ch<mailto:roman.ulm from unige.ch>)

Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until December 21, 2014.

If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after submission of your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.

4 Selected Recent Publications:
Heijde, M. and Ulm, R. (2013) Reversion of the Arabidopsis UV-B photoreceptor UVR8 to the homodimeric ground state. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110: 1113-1118.
Rizzini, L., Favory, J.J., Cloix, C., Faggionato, D., O'Hara, A., Kaiserli, E., Baumeister, R., Schäfer, E., Nagy, F., Jenkins, G.I., and Ulm, R. (2011) Perception of UV-B by the Arabidopsis UVR8 protein. Science 332: 103-106.
Gruber, H., Heijde, M., Heller, W., Albert, A., Seidlitz, H.K., and Ulm, R. (2010) Negative feedback regulation of UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and stress acclimation in Arabidopsis. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107: 20132-20137.
Favory, J.J., Stec, A., Gruber, H., Rizzini, L., Oravecz, A., Funk, M., Albert, A., Cloix, C., Jenkins, G.I., Oakeley, E.J., Seidlitz, H.K., Nagy, F., and Ulm, R. (2009) Interaction of COP1 and UVR8 regulates UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and stress acclimation in Arabidopsis. EMBO J. 28: 591-601.

Roman Ulm
Department of Botany and Plant Biology
University of Geneva
Sciences III
30 Quai E. Ansermet
1211 Geneva 4
Switzerland

Tel.: +41-22-3793650
Fax.: +41-22-3793654
e-mail: roman.ulm from unige.ch<mailto:roman.ulm from unige.ch>