[Arabidopsis] CaMV35S min promoter

Bernd Weisshaar via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by weisshaa from cebitec.uni-bielefeld.de)
Mon Jun 8 02:52:15 EST 2015

Hi,

this is a trip back into history.

You can have a look here:

http://www.genomforschung.uni-bielefeld.de/en/news-history/former-homepage/research/vectors-and-plasmids-at-mpiz-koeln

The vector that might be most helpful is pBT10-GUS
The sequence is linked as a text file in the (very old) CGC format.
Together with the map you should be able to find the sequence you want.

Note that we used (and still use) the -46 to +8 version of the minimal 35S promoter. There is also a -90 version. Some background info is in this old paper:
http://pub.uni-bielefeld.de/publication/1868020
(Recently, SEB allowed to make this old paper publicly available as a PDF which is linked at the URL above.).

Bests, Bernd

> On 08.06.2015, at 02:27, Smith Chiang <chiangscn from gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> could anyone tell me the sequence of CaMV35S minimal promoter? I
> searched for a while but failed to know it. I need to know the
> sequence so as to design primers for constructing a vector.
>
> thanks,
>
> Smith

Bielefeld University, CeBiTec & Department of Biology
Prof. Dr. Bernd Weisshaar
Chair of Genome Research / Center for Biotechnology
Universitaetsstrasse 25
33615 Bielefeld
Germany

Office: G0-102
Tel.: +49-521-106-8721
Fax: +49-521-106-6423
genomforschung from uni-bielefeld.de (Secretary)
website: http://www.genomforschung.uni-bielefeld.de/