[Arabidopsis] GARNet2016: Innovation in the Plant Sciences

Geraint Parry via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk)
Mon Apr 4 02:01:43 EST 2016

GARNet2016: Innovation in the Plant Sciences. September 6th-7th 2016,
Cardiff.

http://garnet2016.weebly.com/

Registration is now open for the exciting GARNet2016 meeting. We have
put together a set of talks on a broad range of subjects that are all
linked by their use of novel experimental techniques.

Session 1: Frontiers in Plant Imaging
Session 2: Enabling the Translational Pipeline
Session 3: Plant Synthetic Biology
Session 4: Genomics tools for Gene Discovery
Session 5: Cell Signaling

In addition we will have three workshops that aim to support new
technologies that are available to plant scientists:

* Pre-Meeting Workshop: Finding your Arabidopsis Gene in Wheat.
Organiser: Cristobal Uauy

* Workshop 1: Usage and Application development within Araport.
Organiser: Chris Town

* Workshop 2: Introduction to CRISPR-Cas, troubleshooting target design
and verification of mutants. Organiser: Vladimir Nekrasov

We encourage young researchers to participate in our extended poster
session and to apply to give a 2 minute flash presentation.

All information about registration, conference accomodation and the
scientific programme can be found at:  http://garnet2016.weebly.com/

GARNet will have at least £500 available to support travel of UK-based
PhD students to the meeting. This money will be distributed on a first
come, first-serve basis. Please contact Geraint Parry
(geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk) about the availability of these travel
scholarships.
http://garnet2016.weebly.com/registration.html

Please pass this information about GARNet2016 onto anyone who you think
will be interested in this conference. If you have any questions please
contact Geraint Parry geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk

--
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up for the ArabUK Newsgroup.
Guaranteed no spam!

Dr Geraint Parry
http://www.garnetcommunity.org.uk/
geraintparry.weebly.com