[Arabidopsis] Job opportunity

Rebecca Mosher via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by rmosher from email.arizona.edu)
Mon Sep 12 13:24:12 EST 2016

Dear Arabidopsis community,

The University of Arizona School of Plant Sciences seeks to hire a
Professor of Practice to strengthen undergraduate education in
biotechnology. As a scientific discipline, biotechnology is continually
evolving with the advent of new technologies that support the health and
longevity of earth’s growing population and the successful applicant will
have expertise in recent scientific advances. As a Land Grant University,
The University of Arizona is committed to training students for 21st
century jobs and enhancing opportunities in Arizona. The School of Plant
Sciences, which has a record of excellence in cutting edge plant and
microbial biology, will train a generation of leaders prepared to enhance
agricultural productivity, improve human and environmental health, and
develop innovative solutions that expedite progress in these areas. We seek
candidates who will enhance undergraduate education in biotechnology, and
who recognize the opportunity to leverage faculty research excellence,
provide skilled instruction, and facilitate practical laboratory training
in an array of biotechnology applications.

Duties & Responsibilities

The Professor of Practice will assume a 100% Instruction, non-tenure
eligible, 12-month position in the School of Plant Sciences. The initial
appointment is for 3 years with renewal following successful performance
review. Rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor for the position is
contingent on years of practice and training completed in the biotechnology
field. Primary responsibility of this position will be to teach and develop
courses with associated laboratory sections at the undergraduate level. The
faculty member will be expected to develop innovative approaches that
enhance student engagement, increase diversity and expand collaborations
with community and business partners to enhance undergraduate student
training. The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in biotechnology,
molecular biology, or a related field, have experience teaching in a
college or university classroom, and be able to demonstrate understanding
of the current technological and regulatory environment.

Minimum Qualifications

A Ph.D. from a nationally accredited college or university in
biotechnology, molecular biology, or related field.
College or University teaching experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.

Preferred Qualifications

Knowledge of pedagogical approaches, online course management programs, and
online education.
Experience working effectively with biosciences industry professionals.
Knowledge of and experience with biotechnology techniques and applications.
Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and documentation.
A high level of organization, interpersonal skill and administrative
experience.

Applicants should submit a complete C.V., a statement of teaching
philosophy less than 2 pages in length, and the names and contact
information for at least three referees at
http://uacareers.com/postings/13213. Review of applications will begin
November 1, 2016 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. For
questions, contact Dr. Tanya Quist, Search Committee Chair at
tquist from email.arizona.edu.

Diversity Statement

At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we
know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing
innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an
inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by
seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse
students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with
diverse perspectives and experiences, we encourage minorities, women,
veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. As an Employer of
National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and
other national service programs.

_________________________________
Dr. Rebecca Mosher
Assistant Professor