[Arabidopsis] Two exciting upcoming GARNet meetings!

Geraint Parry via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by geraint from garnetcommunity.org.uk)
Fri Sep 1 04:12:22 EST 2017

GARNet are pleased to be involved with the organisation of two exciting
meeting over the next six months.

> From Proteome to Phenotype: role of post-translational modifications
University of Edinburgh, December 11-13th 2017

GARNet are co-organising this SEB cell section symposium that
investigates the role of post translational modifications in plant
development. The keynote speaker is Matthias Mann who is one of the
founding fathers of modern proteomics
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthias_Mann)

We have set aside 12 opportunities for talks selected from abstract
submissions as well as including two poster sessions. GARNet are
supporting 10 £200 travel grants as well as hosting a hands-on workshop
for early career researchers on the third day of the meeting.

The details can be found here:
http://blog.garnetcommunity.org.uk/seb-garnet-ptms/

> GARNet Plant Gene Editing Workshop
University of Bristol, March 26-27th 2018

GARNet is organising this meeting in collaboration with the Bristol
Centre for Agricultural Innovation and the New Phytologist Trust.

This workshop will include extended discussions at the conclusion of
each session that will feature the practical and ethical considerations
surrounding the use of gene editing technology. The opening plenary is
given by Stefan Jansson, the famous chef of the first gene edited meal!!

We have set aside 9 opportunities for talks selected from abstracts as
well as including two poster sessions. This workshop is just £65 for
early career researchers and £130 for members of faculty. Numbers are
limited to 100 delegates so please sign up early :)

Details can be found here:
https://garnet-ge-workshop.weebly.com/