Computational prediction of microarray probe set behaviour

Mark Carroll markc at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Oct 31 04:24:12 EST 2002

I was wondering how microarray probe set design software manages to
evaluate the alternative probes - with what algorithms one can
computationally predict a candidate probe's melting point, the extent
to which it will hybridise with a given target under particular
conditions, etc., and also if there are any public
experimentally-derived data sets against which one can test one's
prediction techniques. So far, I've failed to find any good overviews
of the state of the art, and what I've found in public software has
been surprisingly simplistic.

-- Mark