[Arrays] Re: PCR vs RT labeling with aa-dUTP

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Tue Jan 31 10:09:36 EST 2006

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.900.1138639200.29584.arrays at net.bio.net> on Mon, 30 Jan 2006,
Susan Hogarth <hogarth at gmail.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>I'm looking for suggestions on PCR labeling with aa-dUTP.

I take it you used straight Taq and not a proof-reading pol for the PCR?
Pfu and similar will not incorporate dUTP (or analogues) due to their
read-ahead function.

For Taq I would PCR using a dUTP:dTTP mix and verify that works before
using the more expensive aa-dUTP. Optimising the ratio is probably the
key, especially the longer the PCR product.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.