[Arrays] Forest Tree Microarray Workshop

Kate Tay via arrays%40net.bio.net (by ktay from warnell.uga.edu)
Fri May 22 08:24:48 EST 2009

Good Day!

My name is Kate from School of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Georgia. Our department is holding a Microarray Workshop this August specifically for the Forestry major scholars. Could you please help us to distribute this announcement plus two attachments to the forestry/natural resources list or any other mailing lists that might be interested or beneficial?

Thank you so much and have a nice day!

Regards,
Kate

Greetings from the School of Forestry and Natural Resources @ University of Georgia!

We are pleased to announce the "Forest Tree Microarray Workshop" to be held at the University of Georgia on August 3-7, 2009.  Please post and forward the attached workshop flyer and pre-registration form to your faculty, staff and graduate students as appropriate.

Postdocs and advanced graduate students who have no prior hands-on experience with microarray technology are particularly encouraged to attend. The 5-day workshop will guide the participants through the wet-lab as well as data analysis processes, using the Agilent poplar whole-genome arrays.  Spaces are limited to 12 and the registration fees are $700 per person (excluding lodging). Download pre-registration form & submit ASAP (seats will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis).

August 3-7, 2009 Forest Tree Microarray Workshop @ University of Georgia

Workshop topics:

    * Overview of microarray expression profiling
    * Hands-on target amplification and Cy-dye labeling
    * Microarray hybridization using Agilent Poplar array
    * Array scanning and image analysis
    * Data analysis, clustering, and more

Who should attend?

      Participants who have no prior hands-on experience in microarray technology. Postdocs and graduate students are
      particularly encouraged to attend.

What is the cost?

      Registration fee is $700 per person.
      Space is limited to 12.

How to register?

    * Download pre-registration form & submit ASAP (seats will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis).
    * Selected participants must register by June 15.

Accommodation:

      A block of rooms have been reserved at the Georgia Center.
      Participants must make their hotel reservations by July 1 to enjoy the special rates.

    * Single occupancy: $89 plus tax
    * Double occupancy: $109 plus tax
    * Please reference "Microarray Workshop" for the special rates.
    * If you are interested in sharing a room with another workshop participant, please contact Kate for assistance.

Workshop Instructors:

    * Juan Cui (Ph.D.), Institute of Bioinformatics
    * Prof. CJ Tsai, Department of Genetics & Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
    * Scott Harding (Ph.D.), Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
    * Kate Tay (M.S.), Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources

For more information, please visit http://aspenDB.uga.edu/workshop

or contact Kate Tay (ktay from warnell.uga.edu) or Professor CJ Tsai (cjtsai from warnell.uga.edu).

We are looking forward to seeing you soon!