[Arrays] Bioinformatics for transcriptomics

Heather Vincent via arrays%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Wed Dec 14 11:14:39 EST 2011

The new methods for transcriptomics are bringing new challenges in
bioinformatics. This online course from The University of Manchester,
UK, covers microarray data analysis in depth, and also introduces the
areas where new work is needed for next generation sequence (RNA-seq)
analysis.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/transcriptomics.html

Course details:

Week 1 Introduction and software setup
Weeks 2 and 3 Microarrays and experimental design
Weeks 4 and 5 Data capture and preliminary checks
Weeks 6 and 7 Data analysis
Weeks 8 and 9 Other methods for transcriptome analysis
Weeks 10 and 11 Independent research and work on the first assessment
Weeks 12 and 13 Gene Class Tests
Weeks 14 to 16 Independent research and work on the second assessment

This is just one of our Masters-level courses in Digital Biology.  You
will find information on all our courses, including fees and a link to
the enquiry form, here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html If you need
further information, or would like to book a place on a course, please
contact our office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).