Help! Tips for Tinnitus!!!

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at
Sun Apr 2 17:59:43 EST 1995

In article <1995Mar31.054552.11019 at>, bl003c at (Ben Lauter) says:
>I have a mild case, very, VERY mild, of Tinnitus.  I have never experienced
>discomfort really at concerts, but I ALWAYS wear earplugs.  All of a sudden,
>out of the blue, it starts increasing very recently, for no reason that I
>can think of.  I can't really notice it unless I really concentrate and
>sometimes if the room is really silent.  I haven't gone to shows for months.
>Please, if anyone has information.  I take good care of my hearing, but bad
>things seem to happen to me.  Does anyone know how to CLEAN ears
>effectively?  I think maybe the earplugs are also pushing wax in the ars,
>and I really don't clean the inside of the ear because I don't know how to,
>so I'm sure there is excess wax in there.

I think that you should probably make an appointment with your local
audiologist.  Keeping track of your hearing status should be something
that a person with tinnitus should do.  Ask someone in your area to
recommend an Ears, Nose, and Throat physician who has a good audiologist
on staff.

Good Luck...

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin