Masking Principles

Jeff Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Sat Apr 29 11:08:07 EST 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 12:07:17 -0500
From: Usharani Pannappalli <rani at mace.cc.purdue.edu>
To: sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: audiology (fwd)

  Jack Katz's Handbook of Audiology deals in some detail the aspects of
masking thresholds and principles.

One other text book I can think of from a psychophysical point of view is
"Psychophysics of Audition" by Brian C.J. Moore.  There is a chapter on the
psychophysical aspects of masking if u want some technical details!

Again,  any other basic Audiology Testing books should give sufficient insights
into the masking thresholds.  Hope this helps...

- usha