Loaner/Rental hearing aids

SoundHrg soundhrg at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 09:56:33 EST 1995

Unlike my Father, and Grandfather in this industry, I do appreciate the
service of an all-make repair facility.  I was with the great Starkey in
the early 80's, and know what they are capable of doing to (with) a
hearing aid.  Won't send them mine (because of the kind of experience the
technicians have had).  I do use an all make repair lab that I am
confident with.  I know I will get good results, I know the technician is
concientious, if the hearing aid should not be repaired, they will call me
and let me know.  I also know they will always use new parts.  If a part
has become obsolete, they will call me and ask if I would like the circuit
to be upgraded.

As my father has encouraged, good business practice is very necessary.  I
agree, in the long run, it is better for the patient to have a new hearing
aid, however, occasionally I run across the lady who is 107 years old, and
just got used to her Acousticon eye-glass aids, but the battery contact
broke.  I have trouble justifying  the new stuff.

Just my 1.5 cents.

Dale