Loaner/Rental hearing aids

SoundHrg soundhrg at
Thu Aug 3 08:40:16 EST 1995

One more thought on used parts...

If I remember correctly, those hearing aids that we send back for credit
aren't totally trashed.  Many of the parts go back into a hearing aid that
has been sent in for repair.  So when you send in your 2 week old hearing
aid in for repair because the receiver fizzled out, you may get a 3 month
old receiver that has been in an ear full of cheese.  Those used parts are
keeping the already outrageous prices down a bit.

If the manufacturer had to notify if a used part was put in, it would only
be fair to let them label how used.  It would get pretty difficult.

Your thoughts?