Beyond Technology (long)

BradIngrao at aol.com BradIngrao at aol.com
Thu Aug 10 20:14:15 EST 1995

***** FREE CONFERENCE IN ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA ******

=93Beyond Technology: Exploring the Human Factors of Hearing Loss=94 =

The diagnosis of hearing loss begins a journey toward re-defining one=92s=
 life
and learning to adapt to the loss of this vital sense.  Too often, the hu=
man
aspects of this loss are overlooked in lieu of the =93quick fix=94 of hig=
technology.  =

DATE:  Friday September 22, 1995
PLACE: Flagler College, St. Augustine FL
SPONSORS: =

Advanced Otolaryngology Services, PA, Claudia B. L=92Engle, Ph.D. and
Associates, Flagler College
Deaf & Hearing Impaired Service Center of St. Johns Co., Gallaudet Region=
al
Center, Oticon, Inc.

AGENDA
8:00 	Registration
9:00	Concurrent Session I
		a) =93From Hear to There: Coping with Acquired Hearing Loss=94
			Carol E. Morgan, M.A., L,M.H.C. (Signname @ aol.com)
			Bradley B. Ingrao, M.S.Ed. CCC-A (BradIngrao at aol.com)
		b) ADA Update for Employers	=

			Ralph Fernandez - Gallaudet Regional Center

10:30	Concurrent Session II
		a) Hearing Aid Intensive For Teachers
			Bradley B. Ingrao, M.S.Ed. CCC-A (BradIngrao at aol.com)
			Curtis N. Williams, M.S. - Oticon, Inc.
			b) ADA Update for Consumers
			Ralph Fernandez - Gallaudet Regional Center

2:00	Concurrent Session III
		a) Hearing Loss in Children Part I: Psycho-Educational Issues
			Bradley B. Ingrao, M.S.Ed. CCC-A (BradIngrao at aol.com)
			Carol E. Morgan, M.A., L,M.H.C. (Signname @ aol.com)
			Margie Overath Wendell. M.A., Psy.S. Fla. School for the Deaf & Blind
			Curtis N. Williams, M.S. - Oticon, Inc.
		b) Deaf & Hearing Impaired Service Center of St. Johns County, Inc
			Staff and Board Members

4:00	Concurrent Session IV
		a) Hearing Loss in Children Part II: Medical Considerations
			Richard A. Beck, M.D. - Advanced Otolaryngology Services, PA
			Jeffrey M. Sandler, M.D. Commander, US Navy Medical Corps
		b) Florida Telecommunications Relay Inc.
			Deaf Service Center Staff and Board Members

5:30 	Complimentary Buffet Dinner

7:00	Open Community Forum

-----
Registration Form (Copy and e-mail to BradIngrao at aol.com)
Name:							Phone:
Address
Affiliation

Session I  (a) or (b)	Session Ii  (a) or (b)	Session III  (a) or (b)	Sess=
ion
IV  (a) or (b)
Session V =

Communication Needs