Loaner/Rental hearing aids

JGSAUDIO jgsaudio at aol.com
Sun Aug 13 12:19:48 EST 1995

Dale - soundhrg at aol.com (SoundHrg) wrote :

I'm a bit anti-MidWest.  Out of curiosity, why don't you offer the
services of MidWest out of your office, rather than allowing the revenue
to go to MidWest?  This will slow the 10 year old hearing aids from being
insured, plus, you will receive the revenue instead of MidWest, and you
can limit the number of extensions to however many years you wish.

I'm curious of what you think, maybe this is just rediculous thinking.

In Reply :

I believe that MidWest charges $40 per year per aid.  Our factory repair
charge is $150 which carries a 1 year warranty on the repair.  I guess
I like your idea, but that will not slow the idea of keeping 10 year old
hearing aids in warranty.  I guess what I am getting at is that as
technology improves, why not offer some way of getting better aids to
your patients.  We have thought about a rebate program where older aids
can be brought in a credited towards a new pair.  Does anyone else have
such a program ?

Jeff Sirianni