The computerization of audiology

susan moreland smorelan at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Sun Aug 13 22:09:23 EST 1995

>To: djcoffin at linknet.net (David & Gwen Coffin)
>From: smorelan at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (susan moreland)
>Subject: Re: The computerization of audiology
>
>>I would like to hear from anyone who is attempting to computerize their
>>audiology practice.  By this, I mean, beyond using computers for reports,
>>billing, etc.  I would like receive input about Noah (including experience
>>with Noah and networks), and integrating audiometric equipment with
>>computers for storage and manipulation of data.  As well as programming
>>hearing aids via this setup.
>>
>>I am in the process of sketching a plan for computerizing an audiology
>>practice.  Any advice from someone who has already done this would be a
>>major help.  (No need for me to re-invent the wheel.)  If anyone has names
>>of people in the equipment or hearing aid fields who can provide informaion,
>>I would be interested in that, also.
>>
>>Any responses, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks!
>>
>>David
>>-------------------------------------------
>>David J. Coffin, M.A., CCC-A
>>Center for Audiology
>>Alexandria, LA

by way of a very quick response, i have used the noah system to assist in
programming aids (haven't done it enough to feel totally comfortable doing
it without assistance yet) and i think it's great!  very easy to use, very
user-friendly in general, pretty efficient, etc..  haven't used it enough to
discover any bugs or downfalls, although i'm sure it has its fair share,
just like everything else.

sorry to be so brief, but my experience with the system has been equally
short.
susan

we stroll together silently,
just the two of us -- my wolf and me...