Loaner/Rental hearing aids

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Mon Aug 14 16:56:08 EST 1995

JGSAUDIO (jgsaudio at aol.com) wrote:

> I have so many patients that carry MidWest on 10 year old hearing aids,
> that it is really silly to have them repaired.  I am trying to institute a
> way of getting patients to at least listen to 1995 technology so that they
> at least know what is "state of the art".

> What are your feelings about this??

> Jeff Sirianni

Starkey has just come out with a new piece of equipment
called Aura Care which sits on tp of the Star Lab or what ever
and contains a vaccum chamber, needle vaccum, earmold cleaner,
a drain  type meter to check the internal components of the aid.
It also has a built in comparator box so after you clen and svc the aid
you can have the patient compare it to a new aid. Starkey is using it to
sell thier new Low Distortion SEQUEL circut, but it seems to
be useful in servicing aids.
I have only seen them in Minneapolis, and i dont know if there is comparble
equipment out there <- (disclaimer so that everyone will not think
that I am biased ;) )

Thank you for your support

Paul Dybala