Jobs on the Internet?

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Mon Aug 14 17:03:23 EST 1995

JGSAUDIO (jgsaudio at aol.com) wrote:
> There is such a service that is no cost to the perspective employee.  I
> placed my CV in it at one time, but nothing surfaced.  I have made it
> clear that employers can post to this newsgroup with open positions, and
> some folks have actually posted to the group looking for positions.  Your
> idea may be something that can be incorporated in the WWW page now under
> construction.

> On this subject, I was very disappointed with the Job Exchange held at the
> recent AAA meeting.  It was as low tech as it could be.  To anyone out
> there with influence in AAA concerning the Job Exchange, here are my
> comments (IMHO)...

> Make a copy of each perspective employee's application and give them to
> all of the perspective employers, IN ADVANCE.  That way people can arrange
> interviews before heading to the meeting.

> Make a copy each open position for each applicant.  Sure this costs money,
> but I would have liked to have a set of open positions in hand before
> heading to AAA.  This really beats standing around a bulletin board.

> I have seen such a method used at the Society for Neuroscience meeting 5
> years ago.  I'm sure a computer based database would be applicable in 1995
> and beyond...

> Jeff Sirianni

Well, I happen to know the person who was in charge of the job fair at
AAA and basically this person was not asked to do this nor did they
volunteer for it. It was given to them first as just a small project of
designing a page for the Audiology Today publication and then the rest was
thrown on them piece by piece.

In other words it was approached half heartedly :(

I suggest writing a letter to the people who are putting on AAA
in Utah.

Thank you for your support,

Paul Dybala