Loaner/Rental hearing aids

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Sat Aug 19 00:26:09 EST 1995

In article <40ogpo$dta at utdallas.edu>, dybala at utdallas.edu says:

>Starkey has just come out with a new piece of equipment
>called Aura Care which sits on tp of the Star Lab or what ever
>and contains a vaccum chamber, needle vaccum, earmold cleaner,
>a drain  type meter to check the internal components of the aid.
>It also has a built in comparator box so after you clen and svc the aid
>you can have the patient compare it to a new aid. Starkey is using it to
>sell thier new Low Distortion SEQUEL circut, but it seems to
>be useful in servicing aids.
>I have only seen them in Minneapolis, and i dont know if there is comparble
>equipment out there <- (disclaimer so that everyone will not think
>that I am biased ;) )
>
>Thank you for your support
>
>Paul Dybala

We have one on order and I am very excited about getting it.  It is hard
to get patients to compare new technology next to their old aids without
such a system.  I think that the AuraCare will be a significant tool for
the future, and I encourage everyone so check it out.

BTW Paul, when were you at the Starket conference?  I was just there
myself... I'm guessing we where there at the same time...

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders
CMA, 2nd Floor Clinic