Repost: bicros hearing aids

David K. Brown dbrown at haircell.ear.ucalgary.ca
Fri Dec 1 12:03:12 EST 1995

In article <199512011412.IAA05998 at curly.cc.utexas.edu>,
sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU (Jeffrey G. Sirianni) wrote:

> Repost of email received from Julie Shaw (jshaw at ix.netcom.com)
>
> >This is my first time in this group as I am new to the net but I was
> >interested in what you had to say about CROS aids.  I wear CROS aids
> >and have for 3 years now.  I am an E.R. nurse from Ohio
> >I take them out
> >to use a stethoscope (which is also amplified thanks to Starkey) and
> >can tell as soon as someone starts to talk to me or a patient alarm
> >goes off if I have forgotten to put them back in immediately.  I have
> >I don't like the way my stethoscope functions and am
> >always looking for improvements.  Thanks for your time.
> >

> >Julie S.
> >Cincinnati, Ohio

> * Jeff Sirianni                        *
> * University of Texas at Austin        *
> * Communication Sciences and Disorders *
> *                                      *
> * sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
> * jgsaudio at aol.com                     *

Have you tried Direct Audio Input (DAI) with the stethoscope. I worked
with a physican who I set up like that (about 7 years ago) and he like
it.  Of course it depends on the type of HA you have (i.e. you need one
that is capable of DAI) and finding a Stethoscope that has amplifier with
an output (think I used a Starkey ST-3???).  You can connect almost
anything to a hearing aid if it has the right output capability.

David Brown
Hearing Research Lab
University of Calgary