OAEs...your opinions?

George Cire gcire at icsi.net
Fri Dec 1 21:41:15 EST 1995

Alan Sias <arsias at cyberport.net> wrote:
>Please don't restrict replies to email.  I, too am interested in
>finding out what y'all think.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Alan Sias
>The Hearing Clinic of Kalispell
>Kalispell, Montana

We have had DPOAE equipment in our practice for about four months and are
finding the data to be of great clinical utility.  It appears to be most
helpful with our our pediatric and difficult to test population.  It is a
superb adjunct to our AER battery.  I also have great hope for OAE in
differential diagnosis and work with our industrial hearing conservation
population.  We are still "feeling" our way through the learing curve but
my initial impressions are very favorable.

George Cire,FAAA
Victoria Regional Hearing Center
Victoria, TX